Make an offer on the spot?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar of Gabriel TorresGabriel Torres
      Participant

I still dont know home values that well in my area. If I see or talk to an owner, how to approach it if I don’t have a number to offer?

Also, should I always mail a letter first, or should I call if I have the number? Or both?

Avatar of Cyrus AbdollahiCyrus Abdollahi
      Participant

I get calls from whole sellers on one of my properties and I delete them instantly. I would personally do a letter like Tom recommends.

Participant

Walk around, call any “for sale” signs, ask questions about the property, take notes, etc.

Keymaster

Gabriel, Also really important call the agents that have properties listed in the area and call them after they are sold to figure what they sold for as well. Also good idea to go take a look what is listed and see the differences between houses remodeled and not. See how much of a difference new countertops and windows make etc. You need to pick your target area and focus on knowing what the values are otherwise you wont know a deal when you get chance to buy one.. Keep it its a good investment of time. Know the area before you send a letter because they will expect you to make an offer.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Tom.
      • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Tom.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not registered yet? Sign up today!

Real Estate Survey

Receive a personal reply from Tom McKay after form submission